Lead Highly Effective 1:1s
- A 1:1 meeting is an investment you make that pays off immediately and continues to pay off for weeks afterward.
- To create psychological safety, and reap the benefits of increased focus and productivity, hold your 1:1s at least every two weeks for 30 minutes, ideally for an hour each week.
- Begin the 1:1 by asking questions to uncover the key wins and frustrations that are top of mind for your direct reports.
- When discussing project updates during the 1:1, focus on what matters most — commitments, blockers, and how you, as a manager, can help with both.
- End the 1:1 by offering feedback and asking what you can do better as a manager.
Register for our Hone Membership class to learn more about the core principles of coaching.